Originally my sparse “bucket list” featured taking my family with me to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, where I had been but they had not. Then there was spending relaxed time in France, which we did for almost two weeks last summer; and I wanted to go to England again, too (which I did last September with my mom and Spee).
Now the list looks like this:
- Finish building a Little Free Library for QIVC and neighbors. This is now 90% finished, thanks to this weekend’s focused work by my mom and her friend Paul!
- Get the decorative railing at the top of the stairs finally finished (by our builder friend Glenn). Designed by me years ago, it was set aside so we could finally move in! and finish it later. It is now over five years later. 🙂
- Go to Montréal on Amtrak.
- Teach Jesse how to shift gears.
- Go to Chipotle with Will! Never been there, and he really likes it.
- Some more time in New Orleans with my mom (who lives there) and her cast of friendly characters.
- See the barn swallows return to their summer haunts around our house and build their yearly nests in our eaves.