Foods I’ve been eating lately:
- Kale & fruit smoothies every morning: kale from our garden, 1/2 banana, 1/4 cup frozen mango, juice from half a lime, 2 oz homemade kefir, 2 oz OJ, big scoop of glutamine powder for neuropathy, 1 tsp flax-seed oil for omega 3s. Gradually adding more & more kale. I think I would be happy drinking almost anything if it had enough lime juice in it.
- Wheat berries for breakfast: soaked & cooked, with a bit of fakey butter, maybe a dribble of maple syrup (thanks Charlie P.!) and salt.
- Kombucha that we make at home, with fruit. The latest batch has peaches and ginger.
- 80% dark chocolate. The best chocolate bar I’ve had in a long time is this one: Equal Exchange Organic Panama Extra Dark.
- Shiitake mushrooms
- Sushi dinners: how cancer-fighting of me! They include these cancer-fighting foods: fatty fish (salmon), seaweed, green tea, sometimes shiitakes. A must for the anti-cancer lifestyle.
- Homemade low-sugar granola. I have perfected my recipe for almond granola with little enough sugar & oil that it seems reasonable to eat as a main cereal (not just a sprinkle-on-top cereal). Now my issue is: I can’t die anytime soon–who will make healthy granola for my family?
P.S. Well, they do, but they’re fried. Except if you make them at home and bake them instead (6 min per side @ 350).